tiistai 1. toukokuuta 2012

Sidecar

SIDECAR


In the course of my cocktail endeavours I have stumbled upon many different types of drinks. But in the end I can clearly see why some are just...better than the others. It goes without saying (although I am going to say it now) that those labelled as "traditional" truly live up to their names!

I present you with the Sidecar:

  • 2 cl cognac (I used Meukow VSOP)
  • 2 cl triple sec (Cointreau)
  • 2 cl lemon juice
Or simply, 1 part each. There are several variations of the measures given but I used the ones mentioned above. I also used double measures because of my largish cocktail glass. This drink also reminded me of the Japanese Slipper cocktail I made some time ago, given the melon liquor is now replaced with cognac.
Firstly, use a lemon wedge to coat the rim of the glass and cover it in sugar. Put the glass in the fridge some time before you prepare your cocktail; add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add plenty of ice, shake vigorously and strain in your now chilled cocktail glass. Add an orange wedge on the side of the drink. Enjoy.

Just...wow. I can understand the popularity of this cocktail! I blew my mind away! The lemon juice's sourness and Cointreau's sweetness combined with the cognac's mellowness...It was a trip I didn't want to end.
This is a 5/5 cocktail hands down.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti