maanantai 3. helmikuuta 2014

Dutch Sunrise

DUTCH SUNRISE


Good evening ladies and gents! Tonight I present you with a cocktail I wanted to try out for a long time now. I found it from here. But before I get to the cocktail, I just want to share a little story how it all went down:

I've been enjoying a few days of vacation. Luckily so, because today was my appointment donating blood (I do it every two months), I met good friends of mine, had coffee with one and with the other I had a whiskey tasting as per my resolution I made. It's always more fun to taste whiskeys with friends than alone.

Nonetheless, I got home and got tipsy enjoyed my time with my wife watching a documentary about Hercule Poirot. I had a beer and afterwards made this cocktail. Sadly, it didn't live up to its standards. To make a Dutch Sunrise, you need:
  • 2.5 cl Passoã
  • two orange wedges + one rind to decorate
  • weizen beer (wheat beer), but only a little
Take a tumbler, fill it with ice, add in the Passoã, squeeze the juice from the oranges and carefully top the drink with your wheat beer (pour it over the ice so it doesn't interfere with the liqueur). Add a few straws and the rind for decoration and voilá!

...And that's about it then. I was rather disappointed with this cocktail. The drink had an intriguing taste to it but the Passoã dominates the drink way too much. At its best, it's only mediocre (as I've said from another cocktail I can't remember quite now).

Visually it is quite nice. You have the "sunrise" effect but as a whole, this cocktail doesn't cut to the big boys' league. I wouldn't recommend it, really.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti