torstai 11. syyskuuta 2014

Mango Pineapple Vodka (infused vodka)

MANGO PINEAPPLE VODKA


Howdy ho you cocktail loving creatures of the night! As part of my infused vodka series I am hereby proceeding with my second bottling! Forget everything I mentioned about the "Plum Pudding Vodka" behind the link! Instead, I did a rather fruity mix! A Mango Pineapple Vodka! Before we proceed to the basics, here's a rather "style-ish" picture of my earlier Spiced Pear Vodka infusion I strained into my Loki bottle:

Oh yea check out that scrub!

So to make some Mango Pineapple Vodka you will naturally need:


A good sized, ripe-ish pineapple...


A mango, rinsed, brushed and towel-dried...


A vanilla pod! (I fu**ing looooooove vanilla!)


And finally a standard bottle of vodka (700ml). Again, don't spend your money on "top-tier" vodkas that have been filtered over a million times through who-knows-what but also don't make the mistake of buying the cheapest booze-like vodka out there. That said, my choice (Smirnoff) is a good and reliable choice for infusions.

So now that we have our ingredients ready, let's get to work! OH and don't forget your mason jar!

Cut your mango into chunks!

Split open the vanilla pod lengthwise and stick it right in there!

Add your chunks of pineapple!

Pour in the vodka! Avot!

Close the jar and let it rest for about ~2 weeks in a dry, dark place (pun intended). Give it a shake/stir every day or so and taste it after a few days. When you start to like the concoction, go ahead and strain/bottle it!

I shall bottle this into my "Thor" bottle as said, in a couple of weeks time. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti