tiistai 11. elokuuta 2015

Mai Tai

MAI TAI

Deliciousness in a nutshell double old fashioned
Hello again everyone! First of all...FINALLY, FINALLY I made the truly classic cocktail Mai Tai I've wanted to do...for over a year now! Thanks to my sister who brought me a bottle of orgeat syrup (or orgeat) I finally didn't let me dreams just be dreams and just did it.

When I went to Bremen last summer I got to taste two Mai Tais (okay just a sip from the first one); now I had the ingredients I needed to make my own! A big shout out to CHOW's Mai Tai recipe!
  • 20 ml fresh lime juice (½ lime pressed)
  • 7.5 ml rock candy syrup (2:1 sugar syrup where 2 parts of sugar and 1 part water)
  • 7.5 ml orgeat syrup
  • 15 ml gran marnier
  • 35 ml El Dorado 15yo rum
  • 25 ml Appleton Estate 12yo rum
One point at the start. Orange Curacao is called for in this drink; I substituted it with Gran Marnier because "Grand Marnier is a blend of cognac and triple sec, so although it's not a traditional curaçao, it's a similar product. Cointreau, on the other hand, is straight up a triple sec."

I had no curacao so I did that one change. Shake everything with crushed ice and pour the content into a double old fashioned glass (or a tiki mug if you have one). Use the pressed lime shell as a garnish and add a sprig of mint (you've slapped before to express the essential oils) to make it look "like an island and a palm tree".


No comments needed.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti