torstai 14. syyskuuta 2017

Rob Roy v2


ROB ROY
(RE-VISITED)


Hey everyone. Here's a cocktail I made over five years ago, so now it's time to re-visit this splendid drink. I introduce you to the Rob Roy. I've come a long way since 2012 and if you checked the picture from back then, wow was it ugly :D Also the measures have changed, but just a little bit.

As the IBA official cocktail stands for 4.5cl/2.5cl scotch and sweet vermouth, here is a more oompfier version:
  • 6 cl scotch (blend)
  • 2 cl sweet vermouth
  • 2-3 ds angostura bitters
  • maraschino cherry/orange twist/curl/etc...
A long stir with ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish. Serve.

I can't even remember what scotch I used back then, but now I used the Johnnie Walker Black label, aged 12yo. The cocktail was spicy, well-balanced, had a strong flavor profile and well...it's a Scottish version of one of my favorites, the Manhattan. So what could go wrong?

The beauty of this drink is that you can easily modify it by using different scotch where as with the Manhattan you only change the bourbon. So you could say this is a more versatile cocktail, but not as sweet as its American cousin.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti