lauantai 14. lokakuuta 2017

Cheerhattan

CHEERHATTAN

My input for the international competition!
Hey! Here's a cocktail and actually my input for the international Heering classics, which made it to the 2nd round! Since I love proper Manhattans, I wanted to make (as the rules were) a delicious twist to it (a classic). I call it the Cheerhattan. My train of thought went like this:

- Cheer (cocktails are a cheerful thing)
- heer as per "Heering"
- hattan as per the end of Manhattan

Funny and well-thought, eh? I thought the same :D Anyhow, I've made this drink a few times now and everytime it surprises me with deliciousness! Here's how it's done:
  • 3.5 cl quality bourbon (I used Old Virginia 6yo)
  • 2 cl Heering cherry liqueur
  • 1.5 cl sweet red vermouth
  • 1 bs chocolate-syrup (coffee-syrup)
  • 1-2 ds bitters
  • (1 ds cocoa bitters)
  • orange twist
Excluding the garnish, stir everything with ice and strain into a well-chilled coupe/cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.

BOOM!

If you think of it, what could go wrong? We have good bourbon, cherries, chocolate, spices...it's all there! If all else fails and I won't make it further down the competition, at least I've had a good run with this cocktail.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti