sunnuntai 15. huhtikuuta 2012

Blue Lagoon

BLUE LAGOON

Inspired by the far most greatest movie of all time, here's one of the summer hit cocktails everybody knows!

Just look how awfully I've made these Blue Lagoons in the past. Oh gosh!


Now here's a properly made cocktail, at least visual-wise!


This cocktail does not need much of an effort to make but hot damn it sure does look fine!
  • 2 cl vodka
  • 2 cl blue curacao
  • lemonade (sprite/7Up)
Build this drink in a highball glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish with a lemon, lime or even add a sprig of mint like I did (*edit* when I was young and didn't know better)!
Taste-wise, it's hardy mentionable. I believe the visual effect gives more than it actually tastes like. Not being a strong cocktail either, you can have a couple of these with great ease. And if you haven't had one before...I feel sorry for you. Not a true "classic", but a famous drink nonetheless.
(unlike the movie, it sucked)

Post-edit 2013

So I made this cocktail once again, third time's the charm. Having learnt the art of...cocktail making (and perhaps a little bit of photography [given with the equipment I have at my disposal]) you can really see how the earlier pictures are quite horrible compared to my newest one; kind of like when I made three Mojitos in six years. You can really see the difference.

Still didn't make the cocktail any better. Better looking, yes. Better tasting? Absolutely not.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti