keskiviikko 25. huhtikuuta 2012

Screwdriver

THE SCREWDRIVER


Probably the most well-known cocktail ever made, I happened to have a bunch of oranges at my disposal so of course I wanted to create this simpe but ah, such a nice cocktail:
  • 4 cl vodka
  • 12 cl orange juice
  • 1 orange slice to garnish
Or simplified, 1 part vodka and 3 parts orange juice. The trick is to use only premium orange juice if made a true "cocktail". Of course anyone can pour vodka and oj in a high ball glass but I was feeling fancy so what I did was the following:

Pressed the juice out of the oranges, measured the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, added plenty of ice and shook it briskly. Strained the drink (to get rid of the excess pulp) into a high ball filled with ice, added the swizzle stick and garnished it. Avot!

The beauty of this drink becomes more apparent depending on the oj used! Many don't seem to understand this. They undermine this cocktail completely because their experience has been with cheap-ojs found from any grocery store...Spend some time with this and I assure you the taste is so much different...and better.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti