perjantai 11. tammikuuta 2013

Tropical Captain

TROPICAL CAPTAIN


Hello once again! So I did a little cocktail experimenting of my own the other day (yesterday), inspired by the hotel bar I visited a few times during my honeymoon. Since the hotel was located next to the marina, I did a little brainstorming and came up with an idea I really wanted to try. I call it the Tropical Captain.

Since I only had the ingredients in mind, I actually did this cocktail twice, as shown below.

The left is the first version, the right the final version

With the first one I used the following ingredients and measures:

  • 4 cl white rum
  • 4 cl mango puré (was about three to four small tea spoons)
  • 2 cl mango liquor
  • lemon juice from two wedges
  • lemonade
  • a dash of midori (melon liquor)
Combined the four first ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shook them with ice, strained in a highball glass and topped off with lemonade. Added the dash of midori on top.

These measures were clearly too much. At the time I strained the mixture in the highball glass, it was almost full. I could only add so little lemonade to top it. Taste-wise it was very good, the combination of mango/lemon/rum worked fine. The midori I could barely taste.

After my first version I started tweaking the amounts of liquor I would use. So I came up with my next (and final) version, which ended up working like a charm:

  • 2 cl white rum
  • 2 cl mango puré (1½ tea spoons)
  • 2 cl mango liquor
  • lemon juice from one wedge
  • lemonade
This time I left the midori out and roughly cut everything else in half. After straining this I still have enough space to top it with lemonade. Also, now the cocktail had a more fizzy feel to it, which was nice.

All in all, my experiment was a success. Not that the flavor combination is somewhat specially unique, but I sure had fun creating this cocktail! (+ it tasted excellent!)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti