torstai 3. tammikuuta 2013

White Nile Martini

WHITE NILE MARTINI


Greetings again, dear friends! It has been over a month since my last update but do excuse me for this. I was in South Africa from mid-December to New Year's 2013, seeing much and experiencing more. Many of the people I talked to said I should definitely get a bottle of Amarula when I leave. And so I did. Better yet, Amarula has proven its worthiness in almost every aspect.

I said "almost" because from what I've learned, 90% of the cocktails associated with Amarula have something to do with either fresh cream or vanilla ice cream. Fair enough, this stuff tastes great with them, but it also makes it vulnerable for not being as versatile as other liquors. To really put Amarula to the test, I've made two cocktails, this one being the first. I present you with the White Nile Martini.

  • 50 ml Amarula
  • 25 ml Cointreau
  • 25 ml Creme dé cacao (white)
For a smaller cocktail, just cut the measures in half.

I started by coating the rim of the cocktail glass first with water, then with powdered cocoa and putting it in the fridge to cool. Add the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add plenty of ice and shake shake shake! Strain into a cocktail glass. You can leave the cocktail without decoration, use grated chocolate or like in this version use a wafer.

Wow. Just wow. This really hit the spot! This drink had a great orange-chocolaty taste and reminded me of a chocolate we have in Finland! An excellent cocktail and a superb taste!

I tip my hat to you, Amarula.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti