keskiviikko 2. lokakuuta 2013

Bloody Mary

BLOODY MARY


Today's "episode" is a rather special one! In honor of my 20th time donating blood I decided to make up just a perfect cocktail for the event, the Bloody Mary! Everyone's heard of it, some have tried it. I have one memory of drinking this some years back. Today I'm about to tackle this drink the second time.

I made some studies before getting really into this drink. As some might know, the base for any Bloody Mary consists of:
  • vodka (some might use gin and I see no objections to this)
  • tomato juice (salt free!)
  • lemon juice
  • Worcester sauce
  • tabasco
  • (white/black) pepper
  • celery salt
  • a traditional decoration; a celery stalk / lemon wedge
Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Nonetheless, that's the base. After that you can easily make your own little mini-meal buffet and add ingredients that you find interesting, worthwhile or otherwise awesome. I looked up a few different recipes and found out that many use horseradish in the mix.

Nonetheless, here's the recipe I used:
  • 6 cl vodka
  • 12 cl tomato juice
  • juice from one lemon wedge
  • 2 dashes tabasco
  • 2 dashes Worcester sauce
  • a pinch celery salt
  • a pinch dried dill
  • a pinch ground white pepper
  • a teaspoon prepared horseradish
Poured everything in my mixing glass and rolled it. Meaning, I poured the content in my tin cup and then poured it back in the mixing glass. Repeated this a few time. This way I got all of the ingredients properly mixed without getting too much dilution. If you have a pint glass, pour your mixture in there (I used my mixing glass). Decorate with a celery stalk and/or lemon wedge. Optionally you can use a lime wedge and even a strip of fried bacon is okay (sounds amazingly good!)

I...just...can't say I'm a big fan of this drink. I don't know what it is, but in my opinion this drink is too heavy for cocktail consumption. But we all like different things. Perhaps you like this or perhaps you don't. Like the Laphroaig whiskey, you either like it or you don't. There's no in between.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti