torstai 3. lokakuuta 2013

Hop Toad Cocktail

HOP TOAD COCKTAIL


It's a day off so why not have a cocktail? Exactly! 

Today I'm doing a Hop Toad Cocktail using this as my inspiration. The result? Read for yourself.
  • 4.5 cl aged rum
  • 1.5 cl apricot liquor (I used dekuyper's apricot brandy)
  • juice from ½ a lime
  • a few dashes angostura bitters
Add everything in a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake! doublestrain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lime wedge.

This is actually a rather sour drink, having no apparent (duh) sweetening agent,. My first sip and I immediately notice the sourness, then the apricot's sweetness and finally the rum that kicks last, but not least. I must say as much as this looks like a Daquiri I've made and feels like one (perhaps the aged rum - lime combo), this has nothing to do with it.

Not a super cocktail, but if you like sour things, you will love this one.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti