maanantai 21. huhtikuuta 2014

Whisky Business

WHISKY BUSINESS

I consider myself extremely lucky. Not only do I now possess ownership of two top-tier Finnish whiskies but what makes this really interesting is the fact that the other one is no longer produced. A distiller's choice that is. 693 bottles and not a single one more.

Äes and Kaski, respectively

On the left, Äes (harrow), which continues the Finland series Kaski (slash-and-burn) first started. Äes is a whisky first matured seven years in bourbon casks after which it is put into small rum casks for another 1½ years. Kaski on the other hand is quite the different whisky having been matured in 100% sherry casks the whole time.

Lucky owner #476
The thing with Äes is that since it's not made anymore, I will not open the content at all. One could say I will safe-keep it for years to come, keep it in mint condition in my cabinet. Perhaps in a decade-or-two, who knows...(wow Cele, spending money on alcohol never being drunk!)

Kaski

With the Kaski I remember the first time I tried it. Being matured in sherry casks only, the taste was (is) very cognac-like! I kid you not; if one tries this without knowing it's a whisky, they can easily imagine this being an excellent quality cognac. It's a whisky I even got my oldest brother for Christmas last year. This bottle I might open up when appropriate but I think I'll keep it unopened as well for at least a while.

What makes things really interesting is the fact that these two products are Finnish made. One wouldn't think the Finns could distill such products.

If being honest, I can't wait for the next whisky in the series. This is my opportunity of being part of something very special.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti