perjantai 3. helmikuuta 2017

Life Updates

LIFE UPDATES

JCVD approved!
Hello and evening everyone. It occurred to me a few days ago, that it would be not only informative but also nice to let you in to a little secret. Well it's not a secret per se, but I'm having a small hiatus in this blog. The reason for this is quite simple; I've become father for my second child (boy!) on the 29th January (!!) and immediately took three weeks of paternity leave from work! So yeah, BIG STUFF going on in my life! As if the clock had reset itself. I'm trying to remember all these life hacks when dealing with babies but at least I have some help ie. my two-year-old daughter :) She's a big sister now and handling it quite well (for now :D)! 

So yeah, naturally that will make me prioritize, no doubt about that. I won't be making new cocktails in a while (doesn't mean I'll stop fetching recipes to try on later) nor videos for my cocktail channel (in Finnish). Instead I'll focus on my son & family, be it with or without much sleep :P

So that's the biggest thing going on in my life now. Huge. I did have some time writing down notes on my beloved "cocktail-journal" (just a handy diary-style book) while waiting in the hospital a week back. Motivations/aspirations for the year 2017? I mean COME ON it IS the year 2017!!

I wrote down a few with ease. Getting (positively) involved with my Youtube - channel, meaning good & fun cocktail/drink clips, guests, evaluation of different products etc. etc.. As far as I know, I'm one of the few (if not only?) Finnish cocktail content producer on Youtube. Don't get me wrong, I've seen a few which are from years back but I really want to make Cocktailnyymi a thing. I love cocktails, I love good drinks and I've had one helluva 1½ years so far doing those videos! Especially with my new camera now (and mic and tripod), I can actually film quality :D.

Secondly, with all the material I've worked on regarding cocktails (here since 2012, in 2013 on the main Finnish imageboard + real-life bartending and finally in May 2015 with my Youtube project), I really want to compile all of this material into one book. The sheer amount of positive feedback with the work I've done for getting home bartenders make better drinks (of course with the help of others; I couldn't have done it by myself) it seems like a natural path. I do recognize there are numerous cocktail books out there be it in Finnish or English and the material is practically limitless with the help of the internet, but I want to chip in my lousy two cents. With the idea of getting people interested in cocktails try and make them at home. The book idea seems like day dreaming but the more I think of it, the more sense it makes.

Thirdly, I want to create my own version of the RumPickle. See more from

https://www.instagram.com/therumpickle/
https://www.facebook.com/TheRumPickle/



So with the whole imageboard community and the whole "Cocktailnyymi" title I have, I want to make a #Nyymipickle and I want it to be a great one. I have worked a few ideas in my head and be assured, I'll let you know when it is in the making :)

These are just a few things possible in 2017, if nothing else than hopefully at least the Pickle :D

That being said, don't worry if there isn't much material popping out in the next week, two or so. I'm enjoying my family life the fullest and on the 11th of February I'll have a "guy baby shower", in its essence me & my close friends get wasted celebrating my new son! In addition, I will be making a video there, already have an idea for the perfect clip!

Be well, have good drinks! I'll see you later! Cocktailnyymi out.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti