torstai 23. helmikuuta 2017

Porto Flip

PORTO FLIP


Evening everyone! Here is a classic flip style of cocktail, which I wanted to make since a long time. I introduce you to the Porto Flip. For some reason I've never gotten around this one but finally, finally I had the ingredients to do it! It's definitely a small-ish cocktail so don't use your largest cocktail glass. A coupe will do just fine:
  • 1.5 cl brandy
  • 4 cl port wine (ruby/tawny)
  • 1 egg yolk
  • grated nutmeg for garnish
Shake the first three ingredients in a shaker and strain into your glass. Garnish, and serve. My thoughts on this. Well first things first, the yolk should be fresh as fuck. Secondly, the Porto Flip is definitely a dry, "adult-like" cocktail. The egg gives a smooth and nice frothy texture and overall the port wine definitely comes out, with a nice strong after taste. Honestly, this cocktail is close to the Alexander, at least I had these weird chocolate-y sensations in my mouth!

Nonetheless, I rate this cocktail 3 out of 5. Sure, I know my ratings vary from 1-5 stars to 1-100 points or just verbal, but to give you guys some "heads-up" if needed. Perhaps a teaspoon of sugar could enhance this drink...?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti