lauantai 13. huhtikuuta 2013

Airmail Cocktail

The Airmail cocktail


Good morning everyone! This morning I tried something completely "different". How does a mix of rum and champagne sound like? My thoughts exactly. After this cocktail I've come to the conclusion that either I:
  1. Used wrong ingredients when creating this
  2. Don't like the mix of rum and champagne
Either way, I present you the Airmail cocktail. Many sites have different proportions of how much you need  of each ingredient. This is what I used:

  • 1.5 cl honey syrup (to make honey syrup, use the same amount of honey and hot water, stir until consistent)
  • 1.5 cl lemon juice (many imply the use of lime juice)
  • 5 cl white rum (many imply the use of rhum agricole)
  • champagne, sparkling wine, etc...
Combine the three first ingredients, shake with plenty of ice and strain into a coupe glass. As seen in the picture, I had a cocktail glass. Top off with brut champagne (or sparkling wine, whatever you have in hand at the moment).

Now that I think of it. I have probably fudged things up to begin with. But regarding this cocktail, not much to say. The rum and champagne mix does not quite cut it. This is definitely a cocktail I should either work on more to perfect it...or just ditch it as a bad one. I mean, not every classic cocktail is good just because of its "classiness".

On the positive side...I can drink the rest of the champagne on its own.



2 kommenttia:

  1. I'd have just the champagne as that combination sounds way too strange. Also the look of the drink isn't too inspiring.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Well as mentioned, I wasn't sure what to expect from this cocktail either. This is definitely not one of my favorite cocktails (or even close to that) but fair enough, should I ever try and make this again, I'd just "proper" ingredients that time.

      Was quite the experience, though.

      Poista