keskiviikko 17. huhtikuuta 2013

Long Island Ice Tea

LONG ISLAND ICE TEA


Here we have one of those "epic" cocktails (such as the Singapore Sling). The famous Long Island Ice Tea. I made one of these back in the days with poor(er) success than now. I've gotten wiser from those years. And my equipment has gotten better. To be honest, this cocktail isn't really that hard to pull of, the amount of liquors might just scare some before anything has happened yet! So let's begin:
  • 1.5 cl tequila
  • 1.5 cl vodka
  • 1.5 cl rum (white)
  • 1.5 cl cointreau
  • 1.5 cl gin
  • 2.5 cl lemon juice
  • 3.0 cl simple syrup
  • cola
Except for the cola, add everything in your cocktail shaker, put some ice in it and shake vigorously. Strain into a tom collins (high ball) glass filled with ice and top it off with cola. A lemon wedge/slice for garnish + a few straws do the rest. As you can see from the picture, the alcohols are on the bottom, the cola on top of it and the general color is similar that of a ice tea (peach).

I can't remember much from my early years, but this one knocks my socks right off my feet! Albeit being a potent mixture, I can barely taste the alcohol in this one. In addition, it does taste like ice tea!

If you feel like doing something special with the items in your bar cabinet, this is definitely the one.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti