keskiviikko 24. huhtikuuta 2013

Team Ding Dong

TEAM DING DONG


Today I created a cocktail requested by a colleague of mine! Introducing the Team Ding Dong! (no, I did not make this name up :D) When I first looked at the ingredients list, I started wondering whether the cloud berry jam would work with whiskey. Surprisingly though, it did!

  • 3 teaspoons cloud berry jam 
  • 1 cl lemon juice (fresh)
  • 1 cl orange juice (fresh)
  • 1 cl simple syrup
  • 4 cl Jameson Irish Whiskey
Add everything in a cocktail shaker, put in ice and shake vigorously. Double strain into a chilled champagne glass. (Editor's note: Preferably a coupe glass, the flute did not work). Garnish with an orange twist.

As mentioned in my previous chapter, before I discuss the taste of this cocktail, the champagne flute was a poor decision for this cocktail. I had trouble straining the cloud berry jam "pulp" into the narrow glass, causing a bit of a mess. A coupe would've done a much better job + the garnish would've looked better.

That said, the taste. Marvellous! Easily spotted the whiskey, which was at the same time sweet and sour. The jam gave this drink its well-deserved body and even with 3 tea spoons of it, it wasn't overpowering at all. It gave...and exciting side note to this cocktail. A good cocktail made better with the right choice of glass!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti