maanantai 30. kesäkuuta 2014

End of an era

END OF AN ERA

My DeKuyper collection

It has time to "admit defeat" and stop fighting the windmills. My "gotta-catch-em-all", Pokémon-style collection of DeKuyper - liqueur series will come to an end. Actually it has already done so (I gave a few bottles to my friends). I will no longer search and collect the vast assortment of liqueur brands the Dutch make and make more room for products that I will actually use. Given, there are some flavors I will keep collecting but let's face it; "Will I ever use a sour Rhubarb or Cranberry flavor?" The answer is quite simply: No.

Secondly, if you look at the bottle shape I have now and compare to the new design they made, I can't be bothered to collect the new series.

Thirdly, living in Finland makes it near impossible to actually get one's hands into most of the flavors available! The Finnish liquor retailer only sells a few selected items i.e. those people usually buy for parties to make punch (sour apple, apricot brandy, peach and so forth). 80% of my collection is thanks to Estonia and their selection!

So what will happen with these bottles? Eventually they will be used in drinks and after that I will have more room for rums, brandies, and whiskies. I mean, I have a "coconut" flavored DeKuyper and Malibu. 

So yeah, you can call this an end of an era. The collection boom that started ~4 years ago has reached its pinnacle and I can proudly say I had about 27 different DeKuyper bottles at best. Not bad. Not bad at all!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti