tiistai 3. kesäkuuta 2014

Jupiter One

JUPITER ONE


Greetings and another cocktail coming right up! Today I present you a drink I made yesterday; the Jupiter One. The result is kind of controversial, at least in my opinion. Well, to be honest, I use the term garbage in, garbage out and say I could've made this one better, but I tell you what happened with this very soon. Making one is very simple, though:
  • 2 tsp Parfait Amour
  • 2 tsp orange juice (prefer freshly squeezed)
  • 2 cl dry vermouth
  • 2 cl gin
  • a strip of lemon zest, for garnishing
Except for the lemon strip, combine the ingredients in a shaker and rock on with a lot of ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish and serve.

So back to the term I used before. Although I had a proper orange of which I squeezed the juice, the quality of the orange was horrendous. I realized this right after I cut it in half. Also, the vermouth I've been used probably wasn't top tier at the moment. Vermouth, as any wine, doesn't stay good if kept in room temperature for longer times. I know mine has been...for quite a while now.

But let's try to judge this cocktail nonetheless. The color is muddy, a hint of a white peachiness is visible. The nose is quite pleasant, must've been the mix of parfait amour and that splash of orange juice. In the palate it was strongly gin-aromatic/spicy, a soft vanilla and as an aftertaste hints of (bad) orange (juice). Alas, I give this this cocktail only a 2/5 but if given time it becomes a 3/5. With proper ingredients probably even higher.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti