keskiviikko 24. elokuuta 2016

Cafe Nero

CAFE NERO

Hot Stuff!
Hey everyone! Here's a coffee-based cocktail a customer (while back) ordered from me! At that point, I had no idea what the hell it was so the kind (wo)man showed me how to make one! In hindsight, I would make this drink into a much smaller champagne flute/glass so the proportional amount of Galliano would be much higher. Nonetheless, here's how to make a Cafe Nero.
  • 4 cl Galliano (vanilla)
  • sugar + citrus wedge (for coating the inner glass)
  • coffee
  • loosely whipped cream
  • vanilla / nutmeg / essential oils from an orange as garnish
  • some fire (remember safety!)
First things first, prewarm the glass. Dump the hot water and with the help of the citrus wedge, coat the inside rim of the glass. Pour some sugar on it to create a nice sugary rim.  Add in the galliano and set it on fire. Let the flames caramelize the sugar a bit, after which pour in the coffee. Layer some cream on top and garnish.

As I mentioned in the beginning, since I used a much higher volume glass to make this one, taste-wise it had gentle vanilla notes to it and I liked its smoothness. Moreover, this drink can easily be twisted by using another alcohol and garnish appropriately. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti