lauantai 18. helmikuuta 2012

Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre


Cuba Libre, 2010 May

Here's the Cuba Libre, one of my all time favorites! (when made correctly) You might notice how the Bacardi bottle has not been opened yet (gasp!) but since I still had left overs from my 0,7L bottle, this picture serves as kind of a promotional purpose as well.

As I mentioned in my very first post, there are rum&coke kind of drinks and there are Cuba Libre kind of drinks. Here I explain how to make a Cuba Libre. What you need is:

  • 4cl of white rum
  • ½ a lime
  • coca-cola
Instead of pouring all in a high ball glass and stirring it up, what you should do is the following: Add a couple of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Squeeze the juice from the lime (a lime presser is a very handy tool for this) into the shaker, drop the lime in as well as the rum and give it a good shake! Then fill a high ball glass with ice, strain the lime-rum mixture in the glass and then top it off with coke. I assure you that it is going to be so much better...Remember to garnish with a lime wedge.

Cuba Libre, 2013 March



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti