perjantai 17. toukokuuta 2013

El Presidente

EL PRESIDENTE


Today we're going presidential style! Straight from Cuba, I introduce you the El Presidente! I realized a while back that "hey, I actually have the ingredients to make this!" so I gave it a try. But unlike the "original" recipe, I slightly modified it making it an excellent cocktail:
  • 4.5 cl white rum (I used aged rum)
  • 1.5 cl triple sec
  • 2 cl dry vermouth
  • dash of grenadine
  • orange/lemon twist for decoration
Stir the ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Decorate and serve.

Two points. One, a beautiful amber-ish color in this one. Really impressive. Secondly, the taste. Since I didn't use white rum (even aged one) but instead I used a rum a good bro brought me, Aniversario Pampero, an aged dark rum. This combined with the others gave this cocktail its much deserved complexity. Its first taste has a tad of super sweetness but quickly evolves into spices and a pleasant orangy zang. The rum compliments the overall taste. The cocktail finishes slightly bitter strong. 

In its essence, the Presidente does not fail me. It's a complex cocktail. It's a good cocktail.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti