maanantai 20. toukokuuta 2013

Tiki cocktail

TIKI COCKTAIL


Hola! Wow did I excel myself today! Not only did I sent a job application to a store close-by, I celebrated this by finally making a Tiki Cocktail. I figured out this cocktail was a mixture of a Mai Tai and a Zombie Cocktail and a Planter's Punch. One of the craziest things I've done regarding cocktails. A lot of work, a lot of sweat but the result...Hoo-rah!

First things first. You need a pineapple. I used a large pineapple that could hold more than a pint of liquid inside. I used this as a guideline since I didn't have a pineapple corer. Then, in a mixing glass I had:
  • 4 cl white rum
  • 4 cl aged dark rum
  • 2 cl cointreau
  • 2 cl cognac
  • 3 tablespoons of pineapple pulp
  • juice of ½ a lime
Added crushed ice and shook it. Before straining the content in my now hollow pineapple, I added some crushed ice inside it. Strained my mixture into the pineapple, then added
  • 8 cl orange juice (quality)
  • 8 cl pineapple juice (quality)
  • 3 dashes of angostura bitters on top
  • a pineapple leaf (yeah I know the top looked kinda bad)
  • a cocktail cherry
Stirred the whole thing a bit, added straws and enjoyed.

Visually, well, heh, you can't really beat that. The cocktail wasn't as sweet, the opposite, a bit sour. The cognac's smoothness could be distinguished and overall it had gentle fruitiness. This is a strong cocktail, don't let it fool you. Or maybe my pineapple was just that large...go figure. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti