tiistai 28. toukokuuta 2013

The Perfect Day To Get Drunk

THE PERFECT DAY TO GET DRUNK
without the cola...


...and with it
Today I'm completing a friend challenge! A co-worker of mine challenged me (after I introduced her to my blog). This is what she wrote and quote:

"Alrighty then! So I want a cocktail called "The Perfect Day To Get Drunk. It has to have coca-cola in it (unless I have a killer idea that doesn't involve it) and this cocktail is drunk from a wine glass. Not many other requirements, although as a guideline, I like caipiroskas, strawberry margaritas etc. I don't prefer whisky, beer, cognac etc. Oh and it needs to be fresh! Oh and bring me the recipe in Finnish at work, because I'm too lazy to read English :D"

Too bad, I don't work anymore and this is ALL in English! So my brain started working. I definitely wanted to have some sort of fruit in it, muddled. Then it struck me...peaches! Almonds! Lime! Cola! And they all work together just dandy! So I came up with the following (first edition) recipe:

  • 3/4 of a peach, skin peeled and fruit chopped
  • 4 cl amaretto
  • 2 cl peach schnapps
  • 1 cl vodka
  • the juice of one lime wedge
  • (a dash of cola)
First, peel the peach and cut three quarters of it into semi-small chunks and put it in the mixing glass. You can muddle them at this point, if you please. Add the amaretto, peach schnapps and vodka (for that little kick) and squeeze the juice from the lime wedge. Add ice (or muddle the fruit pieces now, if you haven't already) and shake vigorously.

Now take you chilled wine glass (I used a white wine glass, a bit smaller in size) and without straining pour the mixture in the glass. The result as seen in the first picture. Alternatively, you can top the drink with cola and finally, add a lime wedge for decoration and a couple of straws. Enjoy!

Now to the review. So I used some peach schnapps to compliment the flavor of peaches, the vodka to actually put some strength into this drink and as my main ingredient amaretto. After tasting this I've come to the following conclusion, tweaking the recipe as follows:
  • 3/4 of a peach
  • 3 cl Amaretto
  • 3 cl peach schnapps
  • 1 cl vodka
  • 2 cl fresh lime juice
  • (dash of cola)
The original cocktail tasted good, but the amaretto was a bit too overpowering. After some of the ice has melted the peach flavors come in. With the tweaked recipe, it has less almondy flavor, a bit more peachiness and also more sourness that balances the sweetness from the amaretto/peaches. It is truly a perfect day to get drunk!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti