sunnuntai 19. toukokuuta 2013

Melon Ball cocktail

MELON BALL COCKTAIL


Prepping for summer! Another Midori based cocktail at your hands! Fair enough, this isn't quite the "wow-amazing" - type of cocktail. But let's see how it's made:
  • 2.5 cl Midori
  • 2.5 cl vodka
  • orange juice / pineapplejuice
  • honeydew melon for garnish
Build in a highball glass with ice, give it a gentle stir and garnish. Finally I could use my melon baller for this! About the OJ/pineapple juice. According to some ancient recipes, it was always made with OJ but somehow during the years it had been substituted with pineapple juice. Or vice versa. Anyhow, I used OJ. 

Not a superb cocktail. Nothing special in this one. The color was a yellow-ish with a slight green hue at the bottom. Tastewise, kind of meh. Had I used pineapple juice instead, I could've notched this cocktail up a bit, even using a different glass might've helped. I mean, shaking the ingredients and straining into a martini glass could've made a difference...we will...never know....

Summa summarum, a slight disappointment this one was.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti