lauantai 16. heinäkuuta 2016

French Martini

FRENCH MARTINI

Oui!
Bonjour! A modern classic, the French Martini.

I remember the first time I had this cocktail. In 2014, Watchbar near the Bremen railway station had a small add on their tables (as I had a few drinks with my wife) and dauym, I decided to order this. IT was awesome!

Fast forward to early...2016...? My best friend got a bottle of Chambord. Wait...there's a little receipt book with the packaging? And it has the French Martini on it? IT was awesome!

Fast forward to 2016 summer. I finally get my shit together and buy some pineapple juice. I make the French Martini. IT was awesome!

  • 2 cl Chambord
  • 4 cl vodka
  • 6 cl pineapple juice
Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish and serve. (traditionally with blackberries or raspberries, I had neither so I dropped a few blueberries into the drink :D)

Even with its more "lady"-like atmosphere to it, this is genuinely a very nice cocktail. No wonder it's considered a modern classic. You can taste the exotic bouquet of the chambord and combined with the pineapple juice they make an excellent pair! In some recipes the ratios may (and will) vary. I consider this a solid one, nonetheless. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti