torstai 15. marraskuuta 2012

Boston Sour

BOSTON SOUR

Boston Sour, volume I
Boston Sour, volume II
Well met! I've had a rough day at work today so after I got home I thought of whipping myself a nice cocktail. Which I did. Hence, the Boston Sour. I've always thought that this was the Whiskey Sour but in fact the Whiskey Sour does not have egg white in it and this does. Otherwise the Sour is a very simple cocktail (yet extremely elegant) which can be made different with almost any spirit.

  • 5 cl Whiskey (bourbon) (I used Jim Beam, I find it an extremely good whiskey for cocktails)
  • 2,5 cl lemon juice (½ a lemon)
  • 2,5 cl sugar syrup OR 2 tsp caster sugar
  • 4 drops of Angostura bitters
  • 1 egg white

First things first, separate the egg yolk from the white. In a cocktail glass, combine the egg white plus all of the other ingredients, add a lot of ice and remember to shake like you've never shaked before! (because of the egg white).

Take a old fashioned - glass (tumbler), fill it with ice cubes and strain the cocktail mixture in the glass. Now take a strip of lemon peel and twist the essential oils into the drink and use the peel as a decoration. The egg white creates a nice foam as shown in the picture. Also different from the non-egg version, this drink has much more build.

A perfect Boston Sour.

Post Edit:

I have been informed with crucial information regarding this cocktail. Remember boys and girls to dry shake all of the ingredients first, this is to ensure that the egg white incorporates with the other ingredientsand that it gets a nice frothy texture. Then add ice and shake again.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti