tiistai 27. marraskuuta 2012

French Connection

FRENCH CONNECTION


Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Tonight's savory cocktail is the perfect after dinner tipple. I kid you not. The French Connection

  • 3.5 cl of cognac (prefer VSOP or XO if all possible)
  • 3.5 cl of amaretto (Disaronno equals quality)
A kind reminder before we get started. As mentioned in the ingredients, only use quality cognac. No, don't use brandy. Also, for most of us, amaretto = Disaronno and I am completely fine with this. Quality matter in this case (like it does in any cocktail for that matter).

Take 3-5 ice cubes (larger > smaller) and fill a snifter or an old fashioned glass with them. Slowly pour the cognac first, then add the amaretto. Swirl the glass a few times so the alcohols mix and enjoy with time. This is not a shooter.

For me, wow...just wow! I couldn't believe at first how these ingredients make such a fine combination. The cognac's warmth and the amaretto's sweetness mixed in a chilled glass. I'll be damned, those French did get something right!

Sophisticated, elegant, stylish. I've yet to meet its match...


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti