torstai 8. marraskuuta 2012

Brandy Alexander

BRANDY ALEXANDER

Back in the days
Greetings again! It has been almost two months since my last update but there's a good explanation for that; moving to our new house + I haven't had internet for over month after we moved.

Anyhow, let's get back to business. I present you with one of the more classic cocktails, the Brandy Alexander. If used with gin, it's called an Alexander. What you need to create this superb cocktail:

  • 3 cl cognac (I used Hennessy VSOP)
  • 3 cl dark créme de cacao
  • 3 cl fresh cream
  • grated nutmeg to decorate


Combine all of the ingredients (except for the nutmeg) in a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake vigorously (due to the cream). Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and sprinkle some grated nutmeg to garnish. Serve.

I found this cocktail to be elegant, sweet-ish and rather heavy due to the cream's consistency. Taste-wise plain amazing. One could taste the different flavors from the cognac, cocoa liquor and cream. The nutmeg had a surprising taste, since I haven't tasted it before per se.

All in all, this cocktails deserves a solid 5/5. It's bulky consistency only prevents me from having more than one at a time.


Brandy Alexander vol. II, 2013

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti